With Thanksgiving right around the corner (quite literally), I wanted to share with all of you my top 5 winter 2014/2015 wardrobe essentials! We have only dipped our feet into the winter season, but I have already found myself reaching for several key pieces in my closet a lot more than others.
I have never been able to pick one season as my favorite because there is something I love about each one. And with regards to fashion, it is equally impossible to pick a favorite season because I love the change. For example, I love to wear denim shorts and sleeveless shirts with cute sandals, but I don’t think I could do it all year round. I truly enjoy the changes in style each season brings, and they are what inspire me.
I know I have not posted any outfit photos since the summer, but the list below will give you a good idea about how I’ve been pairing some of my favorite winter pieces!
1. Cozy Knit SweaterIn the recent years, I have become a sweater collector (borderline hoarder). When I was younger, even before I started elementary school, my mother used to make me wear a brown, turtleneck wool sweater every single winter. And I dreaded every single winter because it meant I had to face static shock in my hair from pulling the sweater over my head, and worst of all, itchy and irritated skin from the wool. Thankfully, I grew out of that sweater and I never had to wear a wool sweater again. As I became older, I found a wonderful alternative to wool–soft and cozy knit sweaters. I found both of these two sweaters on Amazon.com, and they are so comfortable and fun to wear. They are warm and are great for layering over lighter fabrics.
Shop Knit Sweaters:
- Warehouse Simple Soft Slouch Sweater – Gray • Warehouse
- ASOS Holidays Sweater in Fairisle Pattern – Cream/red • Asos
- ASOS Christmas Jumper In Fairlisle Knit With Mohair – Pastels • Asos
2. Basic Layering PieceAs I mentioned above, a basic layering piece for the winter season is the key to almost all outfits! This is where the magic begins. Here, I have a simple, grey T-shirt dress from Target, but there are a variety of other options. It can be a T-shirt, long sleeve v-neck, or even a white button-down shirt. You can pull a sweater over it, wear it under a leather moto jacket, or throw on a tailored blazer over it–the possibilities are endless!
Shop Basic Layering Pieces:
- Slim Fit Single Pocket Shirt White • Missguided
- Truly Madly Deeply Textured V-Neck Tunic Top • Truly Madly Deeply
- Silence + Noise Blanc T-Shirt Dress • Silence & Noise
3. Classic Wool CoatNothing in the world of winter outerwear can beat the versatility and elegance of a classic, structured wool coat. It is like the cherry on top of an ice cream sundae–it adds the finishing touch to an outfit. This particular coat is by Via Spiga and was a birthday gift from my lovely mother. I absolutely love the faux leather detailing on the collar, sleeves, and pockets!
Shop Wool Coats:
- Bar III Colorblocked Pleather-Trim Wool Walker Coat
- Laundry by Shelli Segal Skirted Wool Coat • Laundry by Shelli Segal
4. Cute All-Weather BootsI personally love combat boots for their comfort and versatility. Plus, a good pair of sturdy combat boots will last you through the rain, sleet, snow, and anything else cold and wet that mother nature may throw at us. Mine are from Target, but there are of course a variety of options other than combat boots available on the market, so go ahead and explore!
Shop All-Weather Boots:
5. Tall Knee High BootsLast but not least, the tall knee high boots. The pair that I am wearing is by Ralph Lauren and was also part of the birthday gift from my mother. I love that they are high enough to reach just below the knees and are form fitting around my legs. They have a bit of a heel to them, which I really appreciate. I think that knee high boots can really streamline your look by providing an element of elegance.
Shop Knee High Boots:
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Women’s Vallerie Knee-High Boot • Lauren Ralph Lauren
- Nine West ‘Navita’ Knee High Boot (Women) • Nine West
To help you with any shopping that you plan to be doing this winter season, I want to introduce you to a website that I was also introduced to not too long ago, called Raise.com. It is a cool marketplace where you can buy and sell gift cards at low, discounted prices. I have been browsing the website for some time, and you can find gift cards for almost all major retailers, and it’s not just limited to fashion! It is a great way to save while you shop for yourself or others. You could even purchase gift cards to give to your friends and family for the upcoming holiday season! Definitely take some time to check out this cool marketplace at Raise.com!