Occasionally, there comes a night when I am listening to music and become nostalgic of my college days (which ended not too long ago). During my most recent reverie, I remembered a long conversation I had with one of my friends (whom I also lived with during my senior year) about handbags that are ideal for young professionals, such as recent college graduates who have recently joined or soon will be joining the workforce.
My friend had been on the search for a handbag herself, so we sat down together and browsed through several online stores. We were both a bit lost on where to start searching, and not too long into our search, we became overwhelmed by the large variety of (pretty) handbags.
I was quite inspired by that conversation to create a list of 9 beautiful handbags that I think are fit for a young woman who has just begun her professional career. It is also a great time for a woman to begin expanding her personal collection of handbags. I tried to factor in a variety of elements while browsing through handbags: price (all are under $300), functionality, this year’s fall trends, and of course timelessness and versatility.
Please do look through the list below of 9 irresistible handbags for the young professional!
When I think timeless, I always think neutral colors, and of course good quality leather. These pieces will go well with almost any look that you decide to wear for the office, and even any outfit on your days off. They are easy to style and are big enough to hold your office and daily essentials without adding extra bulk.
1. kate spade new york Satchel – Cedar Street Maise • Kate Spade • $298.00
2. COACH ‘Madison – Small Christie’ Saffiano Leather Satchel • COACH • $298.00
3. MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Jet Set’ East/West Saffiano Leather Tote • MICHAEL Michael Kors • $268.00
The fall/winter 2014-2015 trend features big and beautiful embellishments, soft and elegant fur, animal skin embossing, and fun metallic colors. The bigger bags such as the Brian Atwood crossbody can be used to spice up your outfits for the office during the dreary colder months, while the smaller bags such as the Tasha clutch and Milly crossbody can be used to add some flare to an elegant evening look for corporate events.
4. Tasha ‘Skulls’ Clutch • Tasha • $270.00
5. Milly ‘Mini Skylar’ Faux Fur Crossbody Bag • Milly • $225.00
6. B Brian Atwood Crossbody – Britt Python Embossed Bucket • Brian Atwood • $245.00
Adding a pop of color can be a great way to make a fashion statement without compromising an office-friendly outfit. One way to do so is by opting for a great handbag in a gorgeous color such as the ones featured above.
7. Ted Baker London Crosshatch Handbag • Ted Baker • $255.00
8. MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Mini Hamilton’ Leather Messenger Bag • MICHAEL Michael Kors • $168.00
9. Tory Burch Tote – York Small • Tory Burch • $245.00
Which of these 9 handbags is your favorite? What do you look for when you’re purchasing a handbag? I would love to know your thoughts!